Website PT Vopak Terminal Merak
Incepted in 2008, PT Vopak Terminal Merak is strategically located in Merak, Banten Province, West Java which is situated at the main shipping route for bulk liquid chemicals, and has the highest concentration of petrochemical facilities in Indonesia. Our purpose is to store vital products with care, as well as provide safe, efficient and clean storage and handling services of bulk liquid products at key position that are critical to its customers in Merak, Banten.
Our facility also has the certification from Customs such as Bonded Logistics Center or Pusat Logistik Berikat (PLB) to operate a warehouse or logistics center, offering petrochemical industry the flexibility to store goods.
PT Vopak Terminal Merak is also recognized as a leading international company with solid safety performance. In February 2021, the Governor of Banten Province awarded the company for the accomplishment of zero accident in 2020 and recognized the terminal’s safety committee as the best safety committee in Banten Province. In December 2021, The Customs Banten Province also awarded the company as the Best PLB in the Banten Area.
The company brings in strong experience and investment to build tank storage infrastructure in Merak, in cooperation with its local partners, to support the petrochemical industry as key economic growth sector and create opportunities for local talents and local entreprenuers. In October 2020, Vopak extended its chemical terminal in Merak, Indonesia, with 50,000 cbm to 130,400 cbm.
PT Vopak Terminal Merak is hiring
Position : Project Engineer
Work Location : Merak, Banten
Key Result Areas :
- Coordinate with other operating units to prepare preliminary designs.
- Prepare tender document including detail scope of work and specification and submit to Procurement.
- Coordinate all technical activities on assigned projects and monitor work for compliance to local regulations, Vopak Standard, applicable code and standard engineering practices.
- Ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Accountable for the successful completion of projects, within agreed schedule, budget with good quality.
- Participating in contractor meetings and resolving any project issues.
- Work closely with Planner & Scheduler to schedule and plan any tie-in activities related to project.
- Reviews related documentation to ensure its accuracy.
- Prepares specification and estimate cost for internal and contracted renovations, modifications, expansions or installation of overall terminal facilities.
- Assists in determining objectives and cost benefit analysis to contribute to the development of a comprehensive design.
- Conduct SOR and safety talks in the field; directly take corrective actions if needed.
- Report unsafe acts, unsafe conditions, near misses, incidents and accident immediately to Operation and/or SHEQ; and create a clear report with detailed description and pictures (if possible).
- Intervene colleagues, management, contractors and third parties on any unsafe act and/or behaviour.
- Prepare overall weekly and monthly report to M&E Manager.
Key Performance Indicators :
- Full compliance to Vopak Fundamentals.
- Zero LTI (Lost Time Incident) and achieving the yearly targets set by Terminal SHEQ Departments.
- Well executed assignments including complex projects requiring the development of new or improved products/process/techniques.
- Accurate assessment of feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering tests/products/equipment.
- Successfully complete the projects assigned by M&E Manager and within schedule and budget with good quality.
- Number of well executed and correctly reported SOR’s according to schedule.
- Number UA, UC, NM, incidents and accidents reports that are immediately verbally reported and in detail reported.
Skill & Knowledge :
- Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in Project Management.
- Good communication & writing in English.
To apply for this job please visit vopak.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.